- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated October 12, 2008 at 7:30 am by .
- October 11, 2008 at 11:52 am #264421mos
Next time you bake potatoes, bake 4 extra and save for the following recipe.
Baked Potato Soup
2/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
7 cups milk
4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Mix in cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- October 11, 2008 at 6:48 pm #400152wilbe95
I just love potato soup especially on those cooler days. Thanks
- October 12, 2008 at 7:30 am #400183mosif your not a vegetarian, fry about 12 slices of bacon until real crispy. then crumble and stir in the soup — tastes like baked potato with toppings. OR for the vegetarians, stir in a jar of Bacos, the soy substitute;-)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.