- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated October 12, 2008 at 7:30 am by .
- October 11, 2008 at 11:52 am #264421
Next time you bake potatoes, bake 4 extra and save for the following recipe.
Baked Potato Soup
2/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
7 cups milk
4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
Mix in cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
- October 11, 2008 at 6:48 pm #400152
I just love potato soup especially on those cooler days. Thanks
- October 12, 2008 at 7:30 am #400183
if your not a vegetarian, fry about 12 slices of bacon until real crispy. then crumble and stir in the soup — tastes like baked potato with toppings. OR for the vegetarians, stir in a jar of Bacos, the soy substitute;-)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.