Baked Potato Salad

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Baked Potato Salad

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mos

This is not your typical ‘Jar Gift & Kitchen Mixes & Gifts from The Kitchen’ recipe. I was sitting here feeling a little nostalgic since tomorrow is Daddy’s Day and I lost him two days before his special day in 2004. I was remembering lots of days with him, not just Daddy’s Day as I always called it…can you tell I was a Daddy’s girl?

LOL! Daddy grew up during the depression, on a farm, where they grew cotton, potatoes, an assortment of vegetables, and chickens. They traded with neighboring farms for meat and milk.

Like most people in the area, they bartered for things like flour, corn meal, and rice. Even though Daddy grew up and worked his way to earn a Phd. in Pharmacology he still had simple tastes.

He could make a meal of rice and gravy! He also loved potato salad — any kind! I remembered one year that I was really broke, but still wanted to give him something on his day.

I had the ingredients to make batch of potato salad and made this for him;-D He was really pleased and the way he dug into it and grinned, you would have thought that he was savoring filet mignon.
      So that’s my story as to why I’m offering up an unusual ‘gift from the kitchen’ and I hope that you can go make some memories with your Daddy…
      Baked Potato Salad
      2 lb red new potatoes, quartered
      1/2 cup mayonnaise
      1/4 cup buttermilk
      2 tbs chopped fresh chives
      1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
      8 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled
      Cook potatoes in boiling water in saucepan 20 min.

or until tender. Drain. Cool.
      Mix mayo, buttermilk and chives in large bowl until blended.

Add potatoes and cheese. Mix lightly. Refrigerate 3 hours.

Top with bacon just before serving. 8 servings
      purr smilie

blueeyedfool

I also add 1-2 stalks of green onions sliced super thin, this is definitely a party pleaser recipe.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      mos

And perhaps a ‘Daddy’ pleasergiggle smiley

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Baked Potato Salad