- December 15, 2008 at 11:52 am #267806
6 potatoes, baked, cubed and divided (salt & pepper to taste)
1 lb. cooked bacon, crumbled and divided
3 c. sour cream, divided
shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 green onions, chopped
In a greased 13×9 inch baking pan place half of the potatoes. Top with half of the bacon, sour cream and cheeses. Then repeat layers.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Garnish with chopped onions before serving.
- December 15, 2008 at 10:13 pm #406262
This sounds yummy. Sometimes I have a couple baked potatoes left over and could half this recipe.
- December 16, 2008 at 3:56 pm #406301
Thanks for the recipe, sounds good and very timely for me. Just picked up a 15lb bag of russet potatoes marked down to 1.99, they looked good but I know I need to use them up fast. Somewhere in my recipe files I have a recipe for potato soup that freezes well. time to sort through it.
In the meantime —-baked potato casserole one night this week. It sounds yummy.
- December 17, 2008 at 1:55 am #406318
This is one of my favorites. Only thing is you use bacon –that sounds super good..Thanks for the tip.
- December 17, 2008 at 10:42 am #406330
Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy it.
- December 17, 2008 at 6:36 pm #406355mosParticipant
I posted a baked potato soup in the vegetarian leftover layering. go to the forum and do a search for baked potato soup;-)
- December 17, 2008 at 11:10 pm #406368
Thanks mos, I found it and it sounds really good.
- December 17, 2008 at 11:40 pm #406371
This recipe sounds delish!!! Thanks!!
- December 20, 2008 at 8:37 pm #406596
This sounds so good. Big mistake – going thru recipes when you’re hungry!!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.