Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Baked Honey Mustard Garlic Drumettes Recipe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Baked Honey Mustard Garlic Drumettes
      8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
      2 tbs honey
      2 tbs Dijon mustard
      2 tbs light soy sauce
      2 tbs lemon juice
      1/4 cup olive oil
      2 tsp salt
      1 tsp fresh-ground black pepper
      20 chicken wing drummettes
      Combine garlic, honey, mustard, soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a nonreactive bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat each piece well. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
      Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken wings in a single layer on a wire rack set over an oven tray. Bake 45 minutes until well browned and cooked through.
      Yield: 20 chicken drummettes
      lightning smilie

These sound really good, been in the mood for wings lately (but they are spendy here in MN).

Participant

I know what you mean… 15 years ago, we could buy wings for about 15 cents/lb! Thanks to the ‘Buffaloe Wing’ craze, they’ve gone to about the same price as chicken with lots of meat on the bones. I wait for special holidays (or events, like Superbowl) and grab ’em from the mark-down bin then stash them in the freezer! I managed to stock up on an early 4th of July sale and tossed them in the freezer. I saved some to make the recipe that I posted for a cook-out potluck at friends’ home. Hope you find a sale soon and can try it!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Cooking for Two Baked Honey Mustard Garlic Drumettes Recipe