Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Baked Cheese Grits & Sausage

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by KawaiiGiggle December 30, 2008 at 6:28 am.

• Author

6 cups water
    1 1/2 cups uncooked grits
    1/2 cup margarine
    1 tsp garlic salt
    1 lb cooked sausage or chopped ham
    4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
    3 eggs, beaten
    2 1/2 tsp salt

Cook grits with salts; cook according to pkg directions until done. Remove from heat; add margarine & 3/4 cup cheese. Stir until melted.

Add small amount of grits to eggs. (This brings up the temp of the eggs before you mix them in.) Add eggs to grits & mix. Add 1 lb of cooked & drained sausage (ham or bacon) & pour into lightly buttered 9×13 dish.

Sprinkle with rest of cheese. Bake 350 degrees for 1 hr & 15 minutes. Can be frozen for 1 month & then baked.

you are definitely from “my neck of the woods” This is one of my all time favorites, haven’t made it in ages because I’m pretty much cooking for 2 now.
    Thanks for letting me know it can be frozen, will start making it again and put it in freezer in several portions, then bake in toaster oven. Do you have to thaw in fridge before baking or just add baking time???

I’m sorry. I don’t know. But it says to freeze & then bake it, so I’d assume you don’t have to thaw.

(I actually got the recipe somewhere else.) 🙂

this sounds soo yummy!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Breakfast Ideas Baked Cheese Grits & Sausage