Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Baked Apples in the Crockpot:mrgreen:
      6-8 med baking apples
      2 tbs raisins
      1/4 cup sugar
      1 tsp cinnamon
      2 tbs butter or margarine
      Wash and core apples but DO NOT peel. Mix raisins and sugar. Fill center of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with butter. Place in crockpot. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook on low 7 – 9 hours or on high 2 1/2 – 3 hours.

oh this sounds so yummy! thanks for the recipe!

We’re discussing what we’d fill them with. brown sugar and pecans or cinnamon red hot candies are both leading the way right now. Baked apples for breakfast for sure tomorrow just don’t know exactly how we’ll fill ’em! Thanks for the breakfast idea!

and it’s sooo easy! waking up to such a yummy smell sounds great;-) if you can’t make up your mind, make each one different! I’ve filled ’em with trail mix and it was a big hit! LOL!

the good news is i am going to make these RIGHT NOW. the bad new is i won’t be able to smell them since i am so congested with this head cold!

ooh, hun-ney…sorry about your cold. the good news is that the apples make VERY good comfort food! LOL! hope you’re on the mend soon…

I guess my crockpot is to hot, 7 hours on low I had applesauce this morning! Nice and hot on a cold morning on the run!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Baked Apples in the Crockpot