- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated December 21, 2009 at 2:01 am by .
- December 17, 2009 at 6:23 pm #279063
Baked Apples in the Crockpot:mrgreen:
6-8 med baking apples
2 tbs raisins
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs butter or margarine
Wash and core apples but DO NOT peel. Mix raisins and sugar. Fill center of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with butter. Place in crockpot. Add 1/2 cup water, cover and cook on low 7 – 9 hours or on high 2 1/2 – 3 hours.
- December 18, 2009 at 1:21 pm #426808
oh this sounds so yummy! thanks for the recipe!
- December 18, 2009 at 5:22 pm #426812
We’re discussing what we’d fill them with. brown sugar and pecans or cinnamon red hot candies are both leading the way right now. Baked apples for breakfast for sure tomorrow just don’t know exactly how we’ll fill ’em! Thanks for the breakfast idea!
- December 18, 2009 at 6:56 pm #426813
and it’s sooo easy! waking up to such a yummy smell sounds great;-) if you can’t make up your mind, make each one different! I’ve filled ’em with trail mix and it was a big hit! LOL!
- December 18, 2009 at 10:06 pm #426814
the good news is i am going to make these RIGHT NOW. the bad new is i won’t be able to smell them since i am so congested with this head cold!
- December 20, 2009 at 8:29 pm #426846
ooh, hun-ney…sorry about your cold. the good news is that the apples make VERY good comfort food! LOL! hope you’re on the mend soon…
- December 21, 2009 at 2:01 am #426849
I guess my crockpot is to hot, 7 hours on low I had applesauce this morning! Nice and hot on a cold morning on the run!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.