- This topic is empty.
- June 27, 2021 at 11:32 am #598979mos
Probably everyone on this site has made and/or eaten hot dogs this way! LOL! Something that might not have crossed some minds lately about this recipe, whether making it while camping or in the back yard on the grill, is that it is simply good to eat and fun for kids. This is definitely something that kids can get involved in making.
Bacon-Wrapped Cheesy Hot Dogs10 slices bacon
1 pkg hot dogs
5 American cheese slices, each cut into 4 strips
10 hot dog buns
3 tbs mustard
3 tbs ketchup
- Heat grill to medium heat and heat oven to 400°.
- Place bacon in single layer in shallow pan and bake 5 min. Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Cut lengthwise slit in each hot dog stopping, just short of each end and not all the way through.
- Insert 2 cheese strips into each slit then wrap 1 bacon slice tightly around each wiener; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Grill 5 to 6 min or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning occasionally. Add buns, cut sides down, to the grill for the last few min to grill until lightly toasted.
- Remove and discard toothpicks from hot dog and place them in buns.
- Top with ketchup and mustard. Serves 10
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.