- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated September 21, 2009 at 11:52 pm by .
- August 23, 2009 at 9:09 pm #275509mos
Bacon Mashed Potatoes
leftover mashed potatoes
1 slice veggie bacon per serving (regular for meat-eaters)
1 tsp chives per serving
water as needed
butter as desired
Cook bacon in microwave, let cool. Add water to potatoes and warm in the microwave. Add bacon, chives, and additional water if necessary to potatoes. Mix well and return to microwave for 30 seconds or less. Top with butter if desired and serve.
- August 23, 2009 at 9:16 pm #424470Janice Terrell
A very creative use of leftover potatoes. Thanks for the recipe.
- September 21, 2009 at 9:59 am #425112Nancy08How I loved Bacon Mashed Potatoes!
I know, potato contains all the vitamins, minerals, proteins and calories necessary for life.
In fact, potatoes are packed full of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium more vitamin C than an apple, and vitamins B6 and B1. During World War II, government information leaflets advised Britons to eat ‘at least 1lb of potatoes daily’ to provide vitamin C to ‘prevent against fatigue and help fight infection’.Unapproved Advertising Link Removed
- September 21, 2009 at 2:40 pm #425113mcnerd
Vegetarian with bacon?
- September 21, 2009 at 3:09 pm #425115brchbell
ok with bacon it’s not vegetarian unless you use vegetarian bacon!
- September 21, 2009 at 11:52 pm #425125mosNancy08. this was actually a recipe from my grandfather when he was still a Brit:-) it was cheap and potatoes were plentiful. when he came to the US with his bride, he made sure that potatoes were planted every year and my father carried on the tradition — in a much smaller fashion.
mcnerd…oops! I forgot to note that veggie bacon is to be used for vegetarians! I’ll fix it! thanks!
birchbell…thanks for having my back! LOL!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.