Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mos
      Participant

This makes a great first-night meal for a ‘chilly’ camping trip!
      Bacon & Baked Potato Soup
      1 tbs butter or margarine
      1/4 cup chopped yellow onions
      1/4 cup chopped celery
      14-1/2-oz can fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
      1-1/4 cups milk
      3/4 lb baking potatoes (about 2), baked, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
      1/8 tsp pepper
      1 green onion, sliced, divided
      8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
      3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
      1/4 cup sour cream
      Prepare onions celery, potatoes, pepper, and all but 1 tbs green onion. Place large baggie or container and place in cooler for the campsite. Combine broth and milk and place in a container then place in a container for the campsite. Once you get to the campsite, get your campfire going or set up the camp stove. Melt butter in large Dutch oven and nestle it in the fire or set on medium heat. Add all ingredients in the large baggie, cook and stir 5 min or until crisp-tender. Add container of broth and milk, bring just to boil, stirring constantly. Lightly crush potatoes with back of spoon. Move to edge of fire or simmer on medium-low heat 5 min, stirring frequently. Add remaining green onions, 1/2 cup cheese, and cook 5 min stirring constantly.
      Serve topped with reserved cheese and sour cream. (If you are lucky, you can spend time stirring the soup while everyone else sets up camp! LOL!) 6 servings
      smiley-char026 smilie

Good to know that!!

Can this recipe be my breakfast?

mos
      Participant

MICMOLLY, my friend, you can have it for whatever meal you would like! LOL! I have eaten pretzels for breakfast with mustard or salsagiggle smiley So I guess you can eat any dish as you like;-D

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.