- August 12, 2006 at 8:10 pm #237250LissKeymaster
Cranberry-Orange Snack Mix Makes 8 cups
2 cups oatmeal cereal squares
2 cups puffed corn cereal
2 cups pretzels
1 cup almonds
1/4 cup butter
1/4 light corn syrup
1/3 cup frozenn orange juice concentrate, thawed
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven 250. Line a 16 x 11 baking pan with parchment paper. Combine
ceral, pretzels and almonds in large bowl.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat. Stir in corn syrup,juice
concentrate,brown sigar and spices. Bring to a boil. Pour over cereal
mixture, stir well. Spread mixture evenly in preparedpan.
#. Bake 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven; add
cranberries and stir. Cool and pack in jars.
- August 4, 2013 at 6:56 pm #440786TashdanParticipant
Thank you for sharing this, I was looking for some back to school snack recipes that I add to a homemade recipe book. I want to have a stack of them ready so that the kids don’t get bored with the day to day lunch menu at school and so they don’t tear the doors off the hinges afterschool looking for snacks to munch on.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.