- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 2, 2008 at 10:53 pm by .
- November 2, 2008 at 10:53 pm #265816
Even the youngest trick-or-treater will love dipping into the pumpkin for this cheese-lover’s treat.
1 pumpkin, 4 lb., washed and dried
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
2 cloves minced garlic
6 oz. baby Swiss Cheese shredded
4 slices white bread, toasted and crumbled
1 pt. half and half
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
French bread fingers for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
With serrated knife, cut a two inch slice from the top of the pumpkin and reserve. Remove seeds and fibers.
2. Blend oil and garlic and rub into the interior of the pumpkin, then place in a large roasting pan. Alternate layers of toast crumbs and cheeses inside the pumpkin.
3. Combine half and half, salt, pepper and nutmeg and pour over layers.
4. Replace top and bake pumpkin 2 hours, gently stirring contents after 1 and 1/2 hours. Accompany with French bread, buttered and toasted, if desired, for dipping.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.