- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated January 4, 2015 at 12:36 pm by .
- November 5, 2011 at 5:49 pm #300102Armymomof2
3 cups nonfat dry milk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup almonds, finely ground
2/3 cup baking powder
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together until well blended.
Store in a resealable plastic bag.
Yields about 7 1/2 cups pancake mix, enough for 3 batches of pancakes.
To make pancakes: In a medium bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups pancake mix, 1 1/4 cups water, 1 egg, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Stir just until moistened. Heat a greased griddle over medium heat.
For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle and cook until top of pancake is full of bubbles and underside is golden brown. Turn with a spatula and cook until remaining side is golden brown. Re-grease griddle as necessary.
- December 29, 2014 at 12:43 am #459985wolvslady69
I remember my Aunt Charlie having this all the time… and it was not store bought either… but that was back in the ’70s
- January 4, 2015 at 12:36 pm #460149golliwog
Thank you for this recipe l had it a long time ago and lost it !!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.