Attn: Lucy, charging my 18 yr old.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Attn: Lucy, charging my 18 yr old.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

If you need the line to fax, then I don’t see why your daughter would be required to pay a portion of it. Additionally, most cell phones have free long distance, so if you manage the minutes right (most providers allow you to freely cheque your minutes per month so you know where you are), you could drop some fees there, too.

I agree that the 18yr old shouldn’t be paying just because the 16 yr old came into the picture. That’s going to come back to bite – maybe not today or tomorrow, but sometime.

I personally think that “equally” dividing amounts out is a little over the top. If she’s pursuing school to better herself and she’s living at home – well, there are a lot worse situations. I agree with the member who posted maybe a $50 or $75 rent – if you “need” money to make the bills (she still is family) then maybe take half or less than half to put towards the household/food expenses because of the new 16 yr old, but put the other half (without telling her) in an interest bearing savings account.

Let it grow and then when she finishes school, she’s got a “starter”. It might take some of the sting out of being made to pay.

Just my thoughts.
      ~S

Quote:
      Original Message
      I had to have qwest because sometimes she turns her cell phone
      off when she’s at home and I can’t get ahold of her, or we can’t find our cell phone so we have to use the land line to call the cell.
      Also, we need long distance on the land line so we can fax. Anyone that has found a solution to these problems, I’d like to hear them. We both pay for the land line and cell phone as we both use it.

I tried Majicjack but it’s not in our area yet but I’ll check again. I just cut alot of stuff off our qwest line so next month it will be $41.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Attn: Lucy, charging my 18 yr old.