- August 10, 2009 at 1:28 am #275075
Servings: 12 piadinis
1 package (6 oz) refrigerated grilled chicken breast strips or 6 oz cooked chicken breast, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped green onions (about 5 medium)
1/4 cup chopped Fisher® Cashews, Halves and Pieces
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons grated gingerroot*
2 cups coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
1/3 cup loosely packed, chopped fresh cilantro
1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
1 eggland’s best egg
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
1. Heat oven to 400ºF. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or spray with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook chopped chicken, onions, cashews, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, lime juice, garlic and gingerroot over medium-high heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Stir in coleslaw mix; cook about 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in 1/3 cup cilantro.
Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
3. Unroll pizza crust dough. Starting at center, press dough into 16×12-inch rectangle.
Cut rectangle into 12 (4-inch) squares (3 rows lengthwise and 4 rows crosswise).
4. Working with 1 dough square at a time, spoon slightly less than 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto center. Fold 1 corner of square over filling; bring opposite corner over first corner, tucking under roll to seal.
Leave other ends open. Place on cookie sheet. In small bowl, beat egg and water until well blended; lightly brush over piadinis.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Garnish each piadini with 1/4 teaspoon cilantro.
*Refrigerated ground fresh ginger in a tube or jar can be substituted for the fresh gingerroot.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.