- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated September 9, 2009 at 1:55 pm by .
- September 9, 2009 at 1:55 pm #276095
Betty Crocker’s Diabetes Cookbook shares a recipe! Wrap up lunch with 15-minute prep grab-and-go sandwiches.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 15 min
Makes: 4 servings
2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
2 tablespoons teriyaki baste and glaze (from 12-oz bottle)
1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
1 teaspoon sesame or canola oil
4 Old El Paso® flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
8 slices (1 oz each) deli cooked chicken breast
1 1/2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. In small bowl, beat peanut butter, teriyaki baste and glaze, brown sugar, water and oil with wire whisk until smooth.
2. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter mixture over each tortilla. Top each with 2 slices chicken, about 1/3 cup lettuce, about 1/3 cup carrots and 2 tablespoons cilantro. Roll up tortillas.
Health Twist: The extra vitamin A from one serving of this recipe will be stored in your body for three to five days.
Substitution: Feel free to substitute stir-fry sauce for the teriyaki baste and glaze.
Serve-With: Enjoy these flavor-packed Asian roll-ups with 3/4 cup cut-up fresh pineapple sprinkled with 1 teaspoon coconut. That brings you to 3 1/2 Carbohydrate Choices.
1 Serving: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 50mg; Sodium 850mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 9g); Protein 23g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 140%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15% Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.