- March 20, 2008 at 12:41 am #256751
In my local paper today, there was an article with people giving
advice on how to cut their food bill.
Here is the link to read the whole thing:
In sum, the suggestions were:
1. Make a list and stick to it when shopping; buy only what you need
to make the pre-set menus you’ve created.
2. Use coupons (paper & internet), but also keep track of prices to
know if you are getting a good deal.
3. Grow your own; barter for the rest
– Cook more, eat out less
– Eat more fruits & veggies & beans & less meat
– Substitute lower-cost items for higher-cost items:
– tofu for meat (use 1/2-meat & 1/2-tofu)
– oil for butter
– cut cheese in 1/2 when using in recipes
And here’s the related article on how food prices are rising:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.