- September 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm #309977
((I use this for the filling in my *Sunrise Muffins.*))
Yield: approx 4 half pints
2 lemons, peeling and 1/3 cup juice
2 cups chopped orange pulp-Can use some of the zest
1 cup crushed fresh pineapple-drained
1 cup shredded carrots
1 1/2 cups Splenda
1/2 tsp butter
1/4 tsp allspice *Optional*
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 box no/low sugar Sure Jell
1. Peel lemons, avoiding the pith. Slice peel into thin strips; set aside.
Juice the lemons and measure out 1/3 cup. Combine lemon peel and juice.
2. Peel oranges and chop pulp.
Shred carrots. Prep Pineapple and crush.
3. Combine lemon mix, oranges, carrots, and pineapple into a large saucepan.
Add splenda, allspice, nutmeg, and butter. Bring to a boil.
4. Briefly remove from heat.
Add pectin with a whisk and mix well. Return to heat and bring to a hard rolling boil for 1 minute; stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Gently stir for 2 minutes then ladle into hot prepared half pint jars; leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust 2 lids and bands. Tighten to fingertip tightness.
Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes, then remove to counter. Listen for the “pings” to indicate the jars sealing.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.