Budget101 Discussion List Archives Laundry~Detergents~More Article: How to Strip and Fix Sour Smelling Towels

This topic contains 6 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by llc07 June 15, 2018 at 8:48 pm.

• Author

It really doesn’t matter whether you use store bought laundry detergent or homemade laundry soap, your clothes can become sour and smelly after awhile due to the build up of detergents and things in them, especially if you have a front loading washing machine.

here’s a really simple, inexpensive way to recharge your towel, stripping them of excess detergents and making them light, fluffy and very absorbent again.

wash your towels in hot water with a cup of vinegar *do not use any detergent at all* and then run again in hot water with a half-cup of regular baking soda *again do not add any detergent or soap**

this method will strip your towels of all of that nasty left over residue and remove any mildew smells, actually leaving them feeling fluffy and smelling fresh.

A good helper for life .Wondering if don’t add any soap ,would it be cleared ?

Are you asking if the towels would be clean without soap? This method is to refresh old towels that are no longer absorbent or fluffy. You would wash them in detergent first to get them clean, and use this method after that to keep them absorbent, fluffy and “fresh”.

Will this work in high efficiency washers?

i used one bar of Dr Bonner baby soap did not get the same result. is it okay to use this soap if so how much. i really like the recipe.

thanks

FreebieQueen

@kaamo 1010004 wrote:

i used one bar of Dr Bonner baby soap did not get the same result. is it okay to use this soap if so how much. i really like the recipe. thanks

No, No Wont Work at All. As the article Very Clearly States TWICE,

*do not use any detergent at all*

*again do NOT ADD ANY DETERGENT OR SOAP**

Will this work for arm pit stains or sweat build on shirts.

Is this method for already laundered towels or to-be-washed?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Laundry~Detergents~More Article: How to Strip and Fix Sour Smelling Towels