2 tb Oil
      3/4 c Cider vinegar
      1 t Garlic — finely minced
      1/2 ts Sugar
      1 tb Chili powder
      1 t Dry mustard
      1 t Paprika
      1/2 ts Ground cumin

Combine all ingredients, heat to boiling and allow to cool. Let set for at
      least one hour for flavors to blend.

this vinigar based sauce sounds good, I’ll have to give it a try. in our region the most popular is mustard based. But I like them all.

Arron makes the best sauce …I hope you like it!!

This sounds DELICIOUS!!!! This is going in my favorites! 🙂

It is really yummy!!! Arron concocted it himself 🙂

This sounds delicious !! Can’t wait to try it!!

Hey sthrash, I sure hope you like it!!!

I think we’ll have barbequed chicken in the crock-pot next week, so I can use the recipie.
      Sarah

Can’t wait to try it! I’m excited because it’s not packed full of sugar!

Your Dh Lynn sounds like a really good cook.. I’ll have to make this one also..The recipes that I’ve used in the past have way to much sugars in them..Thanks Lady..

I just made it since I was in the kitchen and had all the ingredients handy, mostly because it didn’t seem to have any ingredients in it that would make a “sauce”. And to that end I was very disappointed. It is watery, very pungent and seems more to the liking of a marinade. Upon cooling much of the ingredients had settled to the bottom (yes it was boiled).

Sorry, unless there are ingredients missing from the stated recipe, I can’t suggest it as a BBQ sauce, though I’m going to keep it in the refrigerator to try as a marinade later.

It’s sorta like a watery barbque sauce – kinda like the North Carolina kid that you sqwirt on your food. But how ever you use it McNerd I hope you like it!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Arron’s homemade BarBQue sauce