- December 22, 2008 at 8:46 pm #268074
2 tb Oil
3/4 c Cider vinegar
1 t Garlic — finely minced
1/2 ts Sugar
1 tb Chili powder
1 t Dry mustard
1 t Paprika
1/2 ts Ground cumin
Combine all ingredients, heat to boiling and allow to cool. Let set for at
least one hour for flavors to blend.
- December 22, 2008 at 9:28 pm #406778
this vinigar based sauce sounds good, I’ll have to give it a try. in our region the most popular is mustard based. But I like them all.
- December 22, 2008 at 10:19 pm #406784
Arron makes the best sauce …I hope you like it!!
- December 22, 2008 at 10:22 pm #406786
This sounds DELICIOUS!!!! This is going in my favorites! 🙂
- December 22, 2008 at 10:25 pm #406788
It is really yummy!!! Arron concocted it himself 🙂
- December 23, 2008 at 10:56 am #406833
This sounds delicious !! Can’t wait to try it!!
- December 25, 2008 at 1:04 am #406979
Hey sthrash, I sure hope you like it!!!
- December 25, 2008 at 1:29 am #406982
I think we’ll have barbequed chicken in the crock-pot next week, so I can use the recipie.
- December 25, 2008 at 11:55 am #407002
Can’t wait to try it! I’m excited because it’s not packed full of sugar!
- December 25, 2008 at 12:13 pm #407006
Your Dh Lynn sounds like a really good cook.. I’ll have to make this one also..The recipes that I’ve used in the past have way to much sugars in them..Thanks Lady..
- December 25, 2008 at 4:26 pm #407016
I just made it since I was in the kitchen and had all the ingredients handy, mostly because it didn’t seem to have any ingredients in it that would make a “sauce”. And to that end I was very disappointed. It is watery, very pungent and seems more to the liking of a marinade. Upon cooling much of the ingredients had settled to the bottom (yes it was boiled).
Sorry, unless there are ingredients missing from the stated recipe, I can’t suggest it as a BBQ sauce, though I’m going to keep it in the refrigerator to try as a marinade later.
- December 26, 2008 at 1:23 pm #407024
It’s sorta like a watery barbque sauce – kinda like the North Carolina kid that you sqwirt on your food. But how ever you use it McNerd I hope you like it!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.