- January 9, 2012 at 9:18 pm #302267
I have two cousins that are park rangers in Arkansas. When we would visit their cabin, this was the breakfast that they served up. When I was a teenager, I watched and wrote it down. They just called it breakfast, so I named it Arkansas Breakfast;-D Hope you like it!
6 slices bacon, cut in 2-inch pieces
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
2 tbs finely chopped onion
6 cups cubed cooked potatoes
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
6 eggs, lightly beaten
salt and pepper, to taste
In a large heavy skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove the bacon to drain. Pour off all but 3 tbs of drippings.
Heat the drippings remaining in the pan until sizzling. Add the bell pepper, onion and potatoes. Cook, stirring gently, until the potato cubes are browned.Sprinkle on the shredded cheese and stir until melted. Add the eggs and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are set. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the crumbled bacon and serve at once. Serves 4 to 6.
- April 27, 2013 at 2:04 am #439264We make something very similar (we use kielbasa or chicken sausage instead of bacon, and melt the cheese on top at the end). We call it “The Stuff”. We first had it at a restaurant while we were on vacation, and afterward we both said “that stuff we had for breakfast was really good – we should make it at home” and the name stuck!
- May 18, 2013 at 5:42 am #439676
I will love anything with BACON and CHEESE in it! Will give this a try. Thanks for the recipe. 😀
- May 20, 2013 at 1:15 am #439718
Very cool! You need to share your adaptation so that we can all enjoy…giggle…
- May 20, 2013 at 1:16 am #439719Please let me know how your family enjoyed this!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.