Are you ready for Christmas?

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Are you ready for Christmas?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I also dogift cards thru Mypoints.com…it helps so much! Sometimes you find cheap(er) gift cards on eBay,but you have to trust the seller. Also, you can get CVS, RiteAid cards with prescription transfers some times…Ithink I’ve seen Targetdo this as well. Don’t know if you can use the drug store gift cards to purchase other gift cards (our CVS sells a wide choice) but I would guess you might be able to. If not, who couldn’t use a gift card to a drug store?

As far as changing the list of toys right before Christmas, I try to get my daughter to write her letter to Santa pretty early in the season. She can choose three things, one of which can be “big” (she’s 8- her “big” is about $40). Once it’s on paperand on the way to Santa, she can’t change her mind. I do add things once in a while that she’s asked for later on if I can get a good deal on them.

This Christmas we are doing one gift per person (other than Santa stuff)…this is typical for a lot of you, but new to us. I’m honestly looking forward to shopping this year- in the past it’s been a real pain. We’re a small family and my Mother started the tradition of lots to open- she would wrap a packet of bobby pins to go under the tree! LOL I guess she thought “more is more”…this year we’re trying the “less is more” approach to Christmas– decorating, cooking, packages and all. We will try to put the most focus ontime togetherrather than on stuff and things.

Lisa G.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Are you ready for Christmas?