- This topic has 1 reply, 3 voices, and was last updated April 13, 2013 at 11:38 pm by .
- October 22, 2006 at 4:06 pm #237770Jane
This is a great recipe if you have tons of apples and don’t know what to do with them all. First, make some nice rich applesauce.. then make some delicious Honey Cake.
4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup light vegetable oil
1 cup honey
2 cups applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup chopped almonds, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
In another bowl, combine honey, applesauce and vanilla; stir together until smooth.
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined, then stir in raisins and optional almonds.Divide the batter among two lightly oiled 9- by 5-inch loaf pans. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
makes 2 loaves
- April 13, 2013 at 4:02 pm #438950lmitchell
I’ll probably make it without the raisins but otherwise it sounds good.
- April 13, 2013 at 11:38 pm #438961bethaliz6894
Thank you for posting. this sounds really good.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.