Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for KawaiiGiggleKawaiiGiggle
      Participant

Hello ladies. I come here asking for *another, YIKES!* favor. A friend of the family has an apple tree, Fuji, in their yard. Well, to make a long story short we have about 10 pounds *probably more* of apples. I need some recipes. Everyone I can think of, and have asked have said no to apples, but they all have hinted at apple sauce and butter.. Can anyone help me?

Applesauce (crockpot)

4 large apples, skinned ,cored, and cut in quarters
      1 Tbs lemon juice
      1/2 tsp cinnamon
      1 tsp vanilla
      1 Tbs brown sugar
      1/4 cup water

1. I used a 4 quart crockpot for the applesauce.

2. Skin, core, and cut your apples into quarters. Plop the pieces into your crockpot. Add the juice from the lemon, and the water. Pour in the vanilla (I used imitation–we were out of the good stuff), and add the cinnamon.

3. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. When the apples are super tender, mash with a potato masher or large fork. My apples were very tender after 6 hours, and I used a fork.

Five-spice Applesauce

Use a mix of apples to give the best flavor, and make sure some are red-skinned, so your applesauce will be beautifully pink

5 lbs apples, cored, stems removed, cut into quarters (leave the skin on)
      1/4 tsp five-spice powder
      1 Tbs cinnamon, or more to taste

1. In a large stockpot, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add the apple chunks. Cook the apples until just about to turn to mush. Place in a food processor fitted with a metal blade (or put through a ricer) and puree. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in the spices. Serve warm or cold.

Servings: 8

Oops…duplicate posting

Avatar for KawaiiGiggleKawaiiGiggle
      Participant

Thank you so much! I look forward to making the house smell like thanksgiving early! Here’s hoping it all goes well. ^_^ eat drink smilie

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.