- October 11, 2008 at 7:09 pm #264440
2 cups flour
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped apples, peeled & pared
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
In bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. Melt butter in saucepan over moderate heat. Remove from heat.
Beat in sugar sugars, eggs & vanilla with wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, apples & nuts. Spread into greased 13×9 pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar as desired. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until top springs back.
- October 12, 2008 at 2:14 am #400175
Sounds really good w/ apples in season…ummm
- October 12, 2008 at 9:08 pm #400237
Yeh, I thought some apple recipes would be appropriate.
- October 13, 2008 at 1:47 pm #400344
Harvest time here in the mountains….love to go [icking and now have a great recipe for them too!! Thanks !!!!!
- October 13, 2008 at 3:09 pm #400378
What a wonderful time of the year, for all these great recipes…
So love your mountains, drove the Blue Ridge last year at this time of year–was beauitful–
- October 13, 2008 at 7:25 pm #400411
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.