Apple Granola Dessert
      4 apples, peeled and sliced
      2 cups granola cereal with fruit and nuts
      1/4 cup honey
      2 tbs butter or margarine, melted
      1 tsp cinnamon
      1/2 tsp nutmeg
      vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, optional
      Combine apples and cereal in the crockpot. In a bowl, combine honey, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over apple mixture and mix well.

Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping if desired. 4-6 servings

This looks like a keeper Thx.

This is soooo good and no using the oven! It’s a great summer weather treat;-D

This looks like a really great idea, going ot have to try this this summer.

During the spring and summer, my best friend is my crockpotgiggle smileyI probably use my crockpot more during those months than any other time of year! Enjoy my friends!

Apple’s are in season so this is on my menucsmile1  smiliecsmile1  smilie

Even though I usually make it as a dessert, it does make a tasty breakfast. Instead of ice cream or whipped topping, drizzle a bit of maple syrup (or any syrup on hand) on top. Just make sure to serve it warm;-) One of my crockpots is programable, so if I decide to make it for breakfast first I just throw it all together before going to bed. When I get up, the crockpot is still in warm mode.

I turn it off, serve up what I need for breakfast and put the rest in the fridge to have for dessert;-}

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes Apple Granola Dessert