- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated December 20, 2014 at 12:29 am by .
- November 26, 2009 at 5:14 pm #278629
Apple Granola Dessert
4 apples, peeled and sliced
2 cups granola cereal with fruit and nuts
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
vanilla ice cream or whipped topping, optional
Combine apples and cereal in the crockpot. In a bowl, combine honey, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over apple mixture and mix well.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serve with ice cream or whipped topping if desired. 4-6 servings
- March 30, 2014 at 7:06 pm #452827
This looks like a keeper Thx.
- March 30, 2014 at 10:47 pm #452822
This is soooo good and no using the oven! It’s a great summer weather treat;-D
- May 2, 2014 at 2:26 pm #453359
This looks like a really great idea, going ot have to try this this summer.
- May 3, 2014 at 10:45 pm #453386
During the spring and summer, my best friend is my crockpotI probably use my crockpot more during those months than any other time of year! Enjoy my friends!
- December 18, 2014 at 6:07 pm #459888
Apple’s are in season so this is on my menu
- December 20, 2014 at 12:29 am #459902
Even though I usually make it as a dessert, it does make a tasty breakfast. Instead of ice cream or whipped topping, drizzle a bit of maple syrup (or any syrup on hand) on top. Just make sure to serve it warm;-) One of my crockpots is programable, so if I decide to make it for breakfast first I just throw it all together before going to bed. When I get up, the crockpot is still in warm mode.
I turn it off, serve up what I need for breakfast and put the rest in the fridge to have for dessert;-}
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.