- This topic has 2 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated November 1, 2008 at 4:17 pm by .
- October 29, 2008 at 7:08 pm #265485saunders97
Apple Fritter Rings
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
5 large tart apples
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonIn a bowl, beat egg, milk and oil.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture until
smooth (batter will be thick).
Peel, core and cut apples into 1/2-inch rings.
In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees F.
Dip apple rings into batter; fry, a few at a time, until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over hot fritters. Serve warm.
Yields about 24.
- October 29, 2008 at 7:10 pm #401989incheck4real
These look really good and I always get tons of apples because my Aunt & Uncle have an apple tree !!! Thanx !!
- November 1, 2008 at 3:40 pm #402248rtebaltGreat apple recipe! Just in time for apple season! 🙂 Thanks!
- November 1, 2008 at 4:17 pm #402252Margaret K
My DH will thank you for this recipe. Apple Fritters are his all time favorite. Thank you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.