- March 23, 2009 at 12:23 pm #271851
Slightly beat 3 EGGS. Add 1 box YELLOW CAKE MIX & blend. Stir in 1 can APPLE PIE FILLING. Pour into greased & floured cake pan & bake according to directions on box. Frost with your favorite butter cream frosting. Variations: Spice cake – apple pie filling; Chocolate cake – chocolate chips.
- March 11, 2021 at 8:59 am #596832
Thanks for the recipe, Mine is a bit different.
Apple Dump Cake
5 apples — peeled, cored and sliced
1 cup chopped nuts of choice, lightly toasted
4 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup apple cider or apple juice
18-oz box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In the pan, mix apples and nuts with 2 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar.
- Spread evenly in the pan and cover with apple cider.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over apple mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon.
- Pour melted butter over top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serves 16
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.