• Author

6 apples, peeled and sliced
      1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
      1 cup brown sugar
      1/2 cup oatmeal
      1/2 cup flour
      1 tsp. cinnamon and/or nutmeg
      1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange apples in well-greased baking dish. Blend all remaining ingredients except water. Spread evenly over top of apples. Pour water over the topping. Bake 45 minutes until apples are tender and top is crisp.

:051:

Participant

I had a taste for apple crisp for today’s dessert, and you supplied it!

Thanks Lynn. I love apple crisp 🙂

Jaime

Your quite welcome ladies!!! 🙂

hello,

just one question about one of the ingredients.
      What’s oatmeal? is it like muesli without the raisins and other stuff?

Thanks in advance

Pat

Oatmeal is a porridge like cereal that you eat. It is usually found on the cereal isle.

A little bit about Oatmeal:

Oatmeal is an excellent source of calcium, especially if made with milk. Calcium helps to strengthen bones, teeth and hair and staves off osteoporosis. Oatmeal is a good source of vitamins and minerals. Oatmeal is filling. Those who eat oatmeal in the morning are less likely to fill up with sugary snacks before lunch. Oatmeal contains high amounts of fiber, keeping you regular. Oatmeal is a low-fat food. You can eat a large bowl without having to worry about packing on the pounds. Keep track of the sugar content, however. Some oatmeal varieties geared towards kids contain high amounts of sugar. The water soluble fiber in oatmeal helps to lower cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oatmeal also deters the consumption of starch. This is especially good news for diabetics, as they won’t experience a rise in insulin after eating. Oatmeal is said to have cancer fighting properties.

+ Muesli is a cereal made from toasted whole oats, nuts, fruit and typically wheat flakes. Since it uses whole grains, it is high in dietary fiber, and because it relies on the natural sweetness of the fructose in fruit, it is also low in sucrose. Depending upon the proportion of nuts, it can also be relatively high in protein, unlike most other breakfast cereal.

Hope this helps some 🙂

mmm, sounds yummy and now I know what to do with those few apples I have left over from the apple pie I made for Turkey day!

thanks for the info, I’ll have to try it.

Pat

This I admit is one of the easiest recipes I have found…..glad you like it!!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.