- This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated October 15, 2015 at 11:40 pm by .
- October 13, 2015 at 12:07 pm #363603nealsmith
1/4 cup butter
2-3 lg cored, thinly sliced apples
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
DirectionsHeat oven to 350°F. grease a 9×13 baking dish
Melt the butter in a skillet and add the apple slices, sauté until softened and lightly browned.
, in large microwavable bowl combine microwave cream cheese and powdered sugar uncovered on High 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds, until softened. Stir until smooth, then slowly stir in milk. Pour over the apple mixture in the frying pan, stir gently.
Open the cinnamon rolls and Cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces, and stir into apple mixture. Pour everything into a baking dish.Bake 26 to 32 minutes or until bubbling around edges and dough is baked through. Let stand 10 minutes. Drizzle the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls over the casserole when it’s done.
- October 13, 2015 at 10:47 pm #462337mos
This looks pretty good, easy, and a great way to use seasonal fruit! This might work with berries in the spring…my guess is about two cups. OR use it with frozen berries at any time of the year!
Thanks! This can be a very versatile recipe;-D
- October 15, 2015 at 12:08 pm #462339zenmebandI can’t wait to try this one! It looks absolutely delicious! I think a handful of chopped walnuts would be a nice addition as well.
- October 15, 2015 at 11:40 pm #462340mos
Oh yes! I’m agreeing with you, zenmeband…that would be a great addition! What say you nealsmith?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.