- January 2, 2009 at 2:44 pm #268593mosParticipant
2 c sugar
1 c butter
2 c flour (I’ve used whole wheat & white flour, both are good, but the white makes a lighter cake)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 c walnuts or pecans, chopped
2 tsp vanilla
4 c diced, peeled apples
Cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs. Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the above.
Add nuts & vanilla & mix. Fold in the apples. Bake in a greased & floured 9 x 13 pan at 350 degrees for 45-50 min until toothpick comes out clean.
- January 2, 2009 at 3:33 pm #407751
Yummy! I love apple pastries! 🙂
- January 3, 2009 at 11:22 am #407856
My mother in law makes an apple cake, and it’s very good. Thanks for the recipe, I’ll be trying this one for sure. Maybe I’ll make one and take it to her house.
- January 3, 2009 at 11:34 am #407859
I have been looking for a good Apple Cake recipe, this one sounds great, thanks so much
- January 3, 2009 at 11:42 am #407861
I’ve got a few apples left over from New Years. Thanks for giving me a use for them. I’ll be making this tonight.
- January 3, 2009 at 6:38 pm #407921mosParticipant
don’t forget that you can always make applesauce, or apple crisp, or dry them and have ’em for snacks or for future recipes;-)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.