- December 4, 2013 at 12:25 am #325442
Apple and Celery Salad
2 stalks celery, sliced thin
1/2 medium Gala, Braeburn or similar apple, cored and sliced thin
2 tbs coarsely chopped celery leaves (pale yellow ones only), optional
1-oz aged Cheddar cheese, shaved
3 tbs sweet and spicy walnuts (or substitute plain toasted walnuts)
3 tbs walnut oil (or olive oil)
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1/8 tsp celery seed
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/8 tsp fresh ground white pepper
Pinch granulated sugar
In a small bowl, toss the celery, apple slices and celery leaves (if using) gently.
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and pour over apples and celery. Toss again.
To serve, divide the salad between two plates. Top each plate with half the shaved cheese and walnuts
- July 30, 2014 at 4:57 pm #457000
So glad I found this. It will be part of dinner tonight. Thanks for sharing it.
- July 31, 2014 at 5:18 am #457038
Quick, healthy, easy, tasty and cheap. My favorite things 🙂 Great recipe as is. If you want to change it up try using lime juice and cilantro instead of the lemon and parsley. I’ll definitely be making this on a regular basis…
- July 31, 2014 at 3:36 pm #457061
It really does make great side dish or a light lunch served over salad greens;-D
- August 28, 2014 at 10:11 pm #458229
Never ever thought about putting Apples and celery together like this….Sounds soooo Good… So gonna make this thanks again
- August 28, 2014 at 10:56 pm #458232
Great! Let us know how your family likes a ‘cheap,’ easy side
- August 29, 2014 at 12:16 am #458249
thank you mos.. I will let you know
- August 29, 2014 at 1:22 am #458251
Healthy, tasty, easy…Thanks for sharing this!
- August 29, 2014 at 11:04 pm #458274
My pleasure…hope you enjoy!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.