Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List APARTMENT SUMMER FUN ADVICE NEEDED

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

This letter brought back memories of the 1940’s. I made the mistake of telling my mother one summer day that I was just soooo bored…well it didn’t last long. Mom presented me with a bucket of warm water and Spic and Span, a couple of my dad’s old tee shirts and a detailed list of all the paintI was to wash. Also reminded me to take the rags out to the kitchen sink,run clean water through them and wring them out before proceeding to the next room. if the water was dirty, change that as well. You can bet I was NEVER bored again until I got my own home and could be bored and read all day once in a while!

But, for your son, how about some modelling clay, or a cheap set of acrylics and a big sketching pad, or a bunch of old magazines, scissors, a glue stick, and either a sketch pad [cheap ones from $ store] or even an old kids picture book to “recycle” and some suggestions for scrap books..ie: pets, funny things, cars and motorcycles and other “boy” stuff, or just a jumble book with whatever he likes.,

I’m sure you will get some other ideas but those might keep him happy by himself for awhile.
      Paula from Upstate NY

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List APARTMENT SUMMER FUN ADVICE NEEDED