Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List APARTMENT SUMMER FUN ADVICE NEEDED

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I am have a daughter who will be fourteen on Monday with ADD and it is impossible to keep her busy, it has always been that way until I got her involved in summer sports. It tires her out and that way she doesn’t drive me nuts all day long. Particularly a swimming lesson in a.m. at a local pool helps so much. I put her in them every year just to get her the necessary exercise so she calms down during the afternoon. Exercise is so helpful with the ADD. good luck:) Jen

lisa griffeth wrote:

I don’t have any real answers…But your email did make me remember when I usedto complain during Summers that I was bored. My mother didn’t like to hear that at all, and to complainwas a sure fire way to be sent outside in the Summer heat to pick up sticks and pinecones from the yard until I was “un-bored”….it didn’t take too many trips outside in GA heat until I became a world class reader of chapter books!(and a very quiet child in general)LOL Seriously, good luck. I would suggest a Summer reading program at the library or designated “quiet” time like I have for my busy 7 year old. It may not help them much, but it gives me great joy to know that I have 1 1/2 hrs of quiet time daily while she colors/reads/watches tv in her room
      with the door closed. I’m ready for August 1 and school starting! Like your son, she’s wanting to be on the move every second of every day… Lisa G.

My son age 10,ADHD non-medicated is bored out of his mind! I need help!

• [/list]Visit Your Group Get new customers. List your web site in Yahoo! Search.

Healthy Living Learn to live life to the fullest on Yahoo! Groups.

Discover photos and scrapbooking groups in the Familyographer Zone

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List APARTMENT SUMMER FUN ADVICE NEEDED