Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Anyone here have or had endometriosis?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by mrskorba August 17, 2015 at 8:15 am.

• Author

I had my hysterectomy in 12/04 and they took everything but my ovaries, they originally did the surgery for a prolapsed uterus. But I had 2 weeks long heavy, giant clotting, painful periods too. When I got out of surgery the jerk dr told me I had fibroid tumors and endometriosis.

He didnt say another word after.

I got really sick during the week after the surgery, I was going to the bathroom every 7 minutes (yes I timed it) I lost 20lbs just in that week, it was smelly and nasty, I got admitted back into the hospital through the er for being severely dehydrated and running a nasty fever, they think I had some kind of parasite from the surgery (awesome right?) I did go into his office before the er and he told me there was nothing wrong, I did also have an infected stitch site.

But ugh offtrack sorry, I found out quite a few years after that I was getting ovarian cysts and that endometriosis could grow more if he didnt get it all or even if he thought he did and I can’t go back to him and ask him he is retired now. So my PCP thinks an ultrasound will show if I have endo grown back it will show thicker areas in there and also ovarian cysts if I have them at the time. I have been having such pain down on the left side for months.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login Register

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Anyone here have or had endometriosis?