Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Anyone here have or had endometriosis?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I had my hysterectomy in 12/04 and they took everything but my ovaries, they originally did the surgery for a prolapsed uterus. But I had 2 weeks long heavy, giant clotting, painful periods too. When I got out of surgery the jerk dr told me I had fibroid tumors and endometriosis.

He didnt say another word after.

I got really sick during the week after the surgery, I was going to the bathroom every 7 minutes (yes I timed it) I lost 20lbs just in that week, it was smelly and nasty, I got admitted back into the hospital through the er for being severely dehydrated and running a nasty fever, they think I had some kind of parasite from the surgery (awesome right?) I did go into his office before the er and he told me there was nothing wrong, I did also have an infected stitch site.

But ugh offtrack sorry, I found out quite a few years after that I was getting ovarian cysts and that endometriosis could grow more if he didnt get it all or even if he thought he did and I can’t go back to him and ask him he is retired now. So my PCP thinks an ultrasound will show if I have endo grown back it will show thicker areas in there and also ovarian cysts if I have them at the time. I have been having such pain down on the left side for months.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Women’s Issues Anyone here have or had endometriosis?