Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Sher, I hope that you and your family will get the food stamps. Did they tell you about any other programs that you may qualify for? Children up to a certain age can also get wic.

food banks can also feel in. there are so many here that a family should not go hungry!! good luck with all of this.

may god bless you!!!

nauticalnana wrote: i actually have an appt today for food stamps, finally! i have been trying to get one since middle
      may!!!! Sher
      “Faith is not developed by miracles.

Miracles are a result of great faith!”

Quote:
      Original Message
      From: Lou Ann Newell To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 11:35 AM Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?
      Sher, I understand that you could use the money from the check.
      But try to look at it like this.

it will be another bill paid off sooner and then you can use that money to put towards something else, like doctor bills for your children. Here we have a child medical program that your children would probably qualify for. It pays everything from what I understand.

We have never needed it so I never checked into it. Also, have you applied for food stamps, etc? that would help you out.

I wish you and your family the best and hope that you get your disability soon.

nauticalnana wrote: the thing is, they are not just taking my half, they are taking half of it all. even if we got the very minimum ($300 for me and my husband and both children each for a total of 1200) they should have only taken $300 for my share, and not $600 which
      is half. this means even at the minimum they are taking the rest of my families money for this.

this was a loan taken before i was married. as i said, i pay when i can and it will soon be paid off, but it has taken so long because we are very low income. i am trying to obtain disability and my hubby only makes 11.50 an hour.

on top of that insurance costs us so much we can even take our kids to the dr cause we cant afford the deductable. we pay more than $500 a month just for insurance. Sher
      “Faith is not developed by miracles.

Miracles are a result of great faith!”

Quote:
      Original Message
      From: Christina Coyle To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 10:44 am subject: re: budget101.com : Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?

There is nothing you can do about it.

The stimulus is based on 300 to 600 per taxpayer and spouse on the return, and 300 for each child under 17. You are lucky they are only taking your half to pay on the loan, and not the whole thing.

So basically, your part of the stimulus is being used to pay on your student loan.

Christina Coyle

Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nauticalnana
      Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:36 PM
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?

i have a quick question for you, i hope im not imposing. if i am please just tell me to shut up! thanks
      i owe a student loan from many years ago.

every year we file an injured spouse form with our taxes so they wont be intercepted (im not a deadbeat, i pay on it when i can afford it). i dont have any income so the only income is my hubby’s. my question is this: they deducted our stimulus check by half even though we filed the injured spouse.

the letter i got said they are sending the other half to the student loan. i have tried to call several times and nobody there seems to know anything about it. do you know anything about it or who i can contact because this doesnt seem right to me.

thanks for any help you can offer.
      sher
      “faith is not developed by miracles. miracles are a result of great faith!”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?