Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Yep – they do that to us too. Just figure it as a “free payment” on your loan. Can't really complain about that.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Christina Coyle <misskitty78@ftc-i.net> wrote:

11pt;color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>

11pt;color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>There is nothing you can do about it. The stimulus is based on
      300 to 600 per taxpayer and spouse on the return, and 300 for each child under
      17. You are lucky they are only taking your half to pay on the loan, and not
      the whole thing. So basically, your part of the stimulus is being used to pay
      on your student loan.

11pt;color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>Christina Coyle

11pt;color: rgb(31, 73, 125);”>Jackson Hewitt Tax Service

10pt;”>From: 10pt;”>
      Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of nauticalnana

Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:36 PM

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?

i have a quick question for you, i hope im not imposing. if i am please just
      tell me to shut up! thanks

i owe a student loan from many years ago. every year we file an injured spouse
      form with our taxes so they wont be intercepted (im not a deadbeat, i pay on it
      when i can afford it). i dont have any income so the only income is my hubby's.
      my question is this: they deducted our stimulus check by half even though we
      filed the injured spouse. the letter i got said they are sending the other half
      to the student loan. i have tried to call several times and nobody there seems
      to know anything about it. do you know anything about it or who i can contact
      because this doesnt seem right to me. thanks for any help you can offer.

Sher

“Faith is not developed by miracles. Miracles are a result of great
      faith!”

Matthew 22:37 – Love the Lord your God with all
      John 13:34 – Love one another
      Matthew 28:19 – Go and make disciples

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?