Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

>>The date actually means nothing now, as they have everything screwed up.

I

get about 50 calls a day at work of people asking me where their money is..

I just want to record “I don’t know, and we tax preparers have nothing to do

with this” << Ugh, I feel for you Christina! I was reading an article yesterday that said the IRS inadvertently sent out erroneous Duplicate payments to a few thousand people. The article stated that those people were to write “Void, Erroneous Duplicate Payment” across the front of the check and mail it Back to the IRS. Then, in the same article, it stated that the IRS neglected to include credit for some dependent children to some 350,000 people and would be sending out legitimate extra checks to cover that mistake. So some people WILL get a legitimate second check and not have to send it back and Some people will get an erroneous second check and could face penalties if they keep it. So I feel very bad for anyone working in Accounting/Tax issues right now. They (The Government, I mean) have created such a mess with this stimulus payment. Hugs to you, Liss

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List Anyone got their paper stimulus check yet?