Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Anyone ever dyhydrated pumpkin?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I’ve had a request for pumkin fudge, I know from experience last year (same guy) that if the add in has too much water content it crystalizes the fudge.

Last year it was jalapeno lime white chocolate fudge – I thought he was nuts but I did get more orders for it.

I can figure out how to dehydrate the pepper I will just buy one whole and deal with it, but was thinking of using canned pumpkin

I don’t have the fruit roll up tray for dehydrator, anyone know of something that can be substituted?

I do fudge around Feb/Mar so I have some time for mistakes

Ria

You can use plastic wrap. Overlap any edges so the puree does not fall through until it hardens. Afterwards, just peel off.

You could also use parchment paper but you may need to spray it first so the puree does not stick to it.

thanks a million, I was wondering how I was going to work it

Ria

thanks for asking! I dry pumpkin and make pumpkin leather but use the liners that came with my dehydrator. Nice to know what to do if I ever lose them!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes General Recipes Anyone ever dyhydrated pumpkin?