Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Avatar for BiggerPiggyBankBiggerPiggyBank
      Participant

Dryer Tip: Include a few tennis balls in each dryer cycle. The tennis balls not only cut drying time by 25% – 50%, but also fluff the clothes to a delicate softness, and towels with be especially fluffy
      Fabric Softener: I have been using an old dish towel as a fabric softener sheet. I pour a couple of capfuls of Downey on it and throw it in the dryer. It has taken over a year to go thru a bottle of (small) Downey fabric softener. I add more Downey about every 15 loads or just when I notice a little static. It helps to use a towel that is distinct from the other laundry. I use a pink towel, which is a one of a kind in our house.
      Louise Davis

Avatar for BiggerPiggyBankBiggerPiggyBank
      Participant

One thing I do with my fabric softener that saves me tons of money……I got a quart size spray bottle. Put about a half cup of liquid fabric softener in there then filled it up with water. When I put my clothes into the dryer, I give the bottle a quick shake and spray five or six squirts. No static and the clothes smell wonderful!

For extra savings, I send off for the free samples of various softeners. I haven’t had to buy any for a couple years.

Chrissey

Now that’s a Wonderful Tip
      thanks

Really like the tennis ball tip. Thanks for the post.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.