Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author

So my comic artist room mate had two cats before he moved in with us. Now yeah I admit I don’t really have a cat personality but this is ridiculous.

The cat will sit next to me on her cat tower thing then start clawing at my coat and will not release her paws, and if I try to unhook them she’ll hook the other sleeve.

DRAIN THE SWAMP, #MAGA VOTE TRUMP 2020!

Yesterday we took the other cat to the vet *she’s a sweetheart* and when we got her home, the angry cat who usually just ignores her- attacked her. Then the rest of the day she was all ticked off so if anyone got close she’d hiss/make a get away noise “i’ll attack you” even if she was just trying to cross your path.

any suggestions for this moody cat?

Ms. Angry smells the vet’s office(and other strange smells) on Ms. Sweetheart. She’ll callm back down in a day or so-just ignore and give her space. Cats are strange people!

LOL

Ms. Angry smells the vet’s office(and other strange smells) on Ms. Sweetheart. She’ll callm back down in a day or so-just ignore and give her space. Cats are strange people!

LOL

She’s calmed down significantly since yesterday. But She also lashed out at me even though I didn’t even go near the vet with my room mates. But she’s still pretty moody…

likes to throw up on things…

She’s calmed down significantly since yesterday. But She also lashed out at me even though I didn’t even go near the vet with my room mates. But she’s still pretty moody…

likes to throw up on things…

I have four cats, and they are the moodiest animals on earth (my opinion) – I keep a spray bottle with water in it handy and when they do something that I dont want them doing – I spray them.. It doesnt hurt them at all, that hate it and after getting sprayed a couple times, they usually stop what they are doing. I hope this helps some 🙂

Good Luck!!!

I have four cats, and they are the moodiest animals on earth (my opinion) – I keep a spray bottle with water in it handy and when they do something that I dont want them doing – I spray them.. It doesnt hurt them at all, that hate it and after getting sprayed a couple times, they usually stop what they are doing. I hope this helps some 🙂

Good Luck!!!

Yeah, we haven’t used a spray bottle on her yet, at least I don’t think my other room mate ever tried it. I know there’s one under our sink so I might actually get it out if my room mate agrees to try it.

Yeah, we haven’t used a spray bottle on her yet, at least I don’t think my other room mate ever tried it. I know there’s one under our sink so I might actually get it out if my room mate agrees to try it.

She senses you are not thrilled with her. You just have to ignore/avoid her. Or learn to be catperson-ggggg!

She senses you are not thrilled with her. You just have to ignore/avoid her. Or learn to be catperson-ggggg!

But but but I’m a ferret person!
      I’ve been trying to be nice with this cat for like 4 months and she’s still like “:mad: dont touch me”

But but but I’m a ferret person!
      I’ve been trying to be nice with this cat for like 4 months and she’s still like “:mad: dont touch me”

Finicky too those little rascals are…..and they have a very keen sense about them too…I hope it works out for you!!!

Finicky too those little rascals are…..and they have a very keen sense about them too…I hope it works out for you!!!

I don’t know if I’d use the spray bottle on this type of cat since it may make her trust you even less. I know when I tried on my very shy cat, she got very upset and angry at times afterwards.

I think it might also be a bit of her personality. Like you said the other one is a sweetheart, and well this one isnt! That’s like my 2 cats: one is very social and will go up to anyone, the other one is so shy she wont let anyone near her but me.

Maybe with time she’ll give you a chance if you just let her be and wait for her to come to you? Or you could just try approaching her every few days and let her know your friendly. 🙂 Other than that, I’d give her her space and let her be and if this is a new home for her, I’m sure she is probably stressed out too.

I was never a cat person either – still not 100% but they grow on you.

I don’t know if I’d use the spray bottle on this type of cat since it may make her trust you even less. I know when I tried on my very shy cat, she got very upset and angry at times afterwards.

I think it might also be a bit of her personality. Like you said the other one is a sweetheart, and well this one isnt! That’s like my 2 cats: one is very social and will go up to anyone, the other one is so shy she wont let anyone near her but me.

Maybe with time she’ll give you a chance if you just let her be and wait for her to come to you? Or you could just try approaching her every few days and let her know your friendly. 🙂 Other than that, I’d give her her space and let her be and if this is a new home for her, I’m sure she is probably stressed out too.

I was never a cat person either – still not 100% but they grow on you.

Ignore her. You have to let her come to you. The harder you try make friends, the more she’ll reject you.

As I said, cats are strange people. I’m a anything but bees and spiders person! Just love animals.

Ignore her. You have to let her come to you. The harder you try make friends, the more she’ll reject you.

As I said, cats are strange people. I’m a anything but bees and spiders person! Just love animals.

I do try to pet her once every few days. About 75% of the time she’ll let me since I’ll get her when she’s too tired to attack.

She sorta demands attention but doesn’t at the same time, I’m not sure what to always do. Like she’ll follow me then walk right in front of me and plop down. If I try to pet her she’ll yell at me and run away if I just ignore her she’ll look at me like “….hello?”

I do try to pet her once every few days. About 75% of the time she’ll let me since I’ll get her when she’s too tired to attack.

She sorta demands attention but doesn’t at the same time, I’m not sure what to always do. Like she’ll follow me then walk right in front of me and plop down. If I try to pet her she’ll yell at me and run away if I just ignore her she’ll look at me like “….hello?”

This thread has me laughing, don’t know how I missed it before.
      A cat is…well a cat. You will not find a more picky, self centered animal.
      I am one million percent a cat person. Sometimes I think life would be perfect if I was a cat :).

Sounds like this cat is on a power trip. Think about all the power a cat has. They meow by their food bowls-someone walks over and feeds them.

By walking by your legs she is checking to see what you are doing-curiousity. Then if she just lays down in front of you, you will actually bend over and give her a pet on her command. If she wants you to stop all she has to do is hiss and run.

Seriously if you just ignore her completely she will wonder what is up and then she will start coming to you. Even if she rubs up against you to get petted, just look down at her for the first few times and say something like “Oh you want petted now” then keep going, don’t pet her. This seems to bug them, especially when you do finally pet them they are very appreciative.

Over time she will come to you more often. But still a cat is a cat and everything has to be on her terms or not at all.

This thread has me laughing, don’t know how I missed it before.
      A cat is…well a cat. You will not find a more picky, self centered animal.
      I am one million percent a cat person. Sometimes I think life would be perfect if I was a cat :).

Sounds like this cat is on a power trip. Think about all the power a cat has. They meow by their food bowls-someone walks over and feeds them.

By walking by your legs she is checking to see what you are doing-curiousity. Then if she just lays down in front of you, you will actually bend over and give her a pet on her command. If she wants you to stop all she has to do is hiss and run.

Seriously if you just ignore her completely she will wonder what is up and then she will start coming to you. Even if she rubs up against you to get petted, just look down at her for the first few times and say something like “Oh you want petted now” then keep going, don’t pet her. This seems to bug them, especially when you do finally pet them they are very appreciative.

Over time she will come to you more often. But still a cat is a cat and everything has to be on her terms or not at all.

Wow, you sound like you’re right on the mark. She’s pretty much the owner of the house in my opinion from the way she acts. I’ve noticed sometimes she’ll even look over my shoulder while I type.

Sometimes I feel like she’s like a parent making sure their kids are behaving on the internet.

I noticed today the sweetheart kitty just came up to me this morning while making tea and rubbed up against my legs… which is sorta weird since even though she likes to be petted she rarely walks up and goes “HI *rubrubrub*”

Wow, you sound like you’re right on the mark. She’s pretty much the owner of the house in my opinion from the way she acts. I’ve noticed sometimes she’ll even look over my shoulder while I type.

Sometimes I feel like she’s like a parent making sure their kids are behaving on the internet.

I noticed today the sweetheart kitty just came up to me this morning while making tea and rubbed up against my legs… which is sorta weird since even though she likes to be petted she rarely walks up and goes “HI *rubrubrub*”

i used to breed siamese cats and this one sounds like one. does it have any siamese in it??? they are 1 owner cats and like their space.

i had 1 that would actually bite people! you may never get close to this one. can its owner get near it?

hold it? right now i have 4 siamese and 1 hymilayan. they all get along and i can pet all, but only 3 will go to other people in my household.

will say the youngest is a seal point female and she beats on everyone! if she wants to play, she pounces! lol!

have to get after her to let go sometimes, lol!

i used to breed siamese cats and this one sounds like one. does it have any siamese in it??? they are 1 owner cats and like their space.

i had 1 that would actually bite people! you may never get close to this one. can its owner get near it?

hold it? right now i have 4 siamese and 1 hymilayan. they all get along and i can pet all, but only 3 will go to other people in my household.

will say the youngest is a seal point female and she beats on everyone! if she wants to play, she pounces! lol!

have to get after her to let go sometimes, lol!

She’s an american long hair cat. But she bites me and her owner. She’ll still go to me and him- but she’s weird and will get on your case if you don’t do the right thing at the right time.

She’s an american long hair cat. But she bites me and her owner. She’ll still go to me and him- but she’s weird and will get on your case if you don’t do the right thing at the right time.

@Tarrien 103867 wrote:

Is it possible she is just trying to play? I have a cat we have raised since the day he was born, my boyfriend and the cat has played rough since he was big enough to play. Now when he wants to play(the cat, not the boyfriend lol) he will run up and attack scratching and biting whomever he comes into contact with.

He may not mean anything by it.

@Tarrien 103867 wrote:

Is it possible she is just trying to play? I have a cat we have raised since the day he was born, my boyfriend and the cat has played rough since he was big enough to play. Now when he wants to play(the cat, not the boyfriend lol) he will run up and attack scratching and biting whomever he comes into contact with.

He may not mean anything by it.

You want to get along with a cat? Become the food giver. Ask your roomate to let you give out the food.

when you fill the bowl hold it and call the cats so they can see you give the food to them. Cats have large respect for the food giver. Of course this also means they will hound you endlessly if the bowl is empty.

My oldest simese mix will put the bowl right in my walk path or in the middle of the room. Other advice is pick up one of those room phramone despencers from the petstore. It calmes them some.

pick up a lazer light and play a bit with them. And yes ignore her when you are not the one who wants the attention. cats do understand you!!!

tell her she is being a but and you will not show her respect till she concents to do the same for you. tell her every chance you get. you wouldnt believe what my cats respond to.

i tell them things and when they are in an agreeable mood they listen and do it. dh says he cant figure it out. i just have lots of respect points with our cats is all so they do me the curtisy.

getting a cats respect is the hard part though. they are not dogs and will not hand out there loyalty to anyone easily. they are excelent judges of people.

she is messing with you doing the claw and paw thing because she knows it bothers you. talk to them. cats want to be treated with respect.

i know it all sounds silly but its true. i can go almost anywhear and end up with a cat in my lap. they see me comming.

of course if a cat is not in the mood to listen you could move a mountain befor you could move the cat.

You want to get along with a cat? Become the food giver. Ask your roomate to let you give out the food.

when you fill the bowl hold it and call the cats so they can see you give the food to them. Cats have large respect for the food giver. Of course this also means they will hound you endlessly if the bowl is empty.

My oldest simese mix will put the bowl right in my walk path or in the middle of the room. Other advice is pick up one of those room phramone despencers from the petstore. It calmes them some.

pick up a lazer light and play a bit with them. And yes ignore her when you are not the one who wants the attention. cats do understand you!!!

tell her she is being a but and you will not show her respect till she concents to do the same for you. tell her every chance you get. you wouldnt believe what my cats respond to.

i tell them things and when they are in an agreeable mood they listen and do it. dh says he cant figure it out. i just have lots of respect points with our cats is all so they do me the curtisy.

getting a cats respect is the hard part though. they are not dogs and will not hand out there loyalty to anyone easily. they are excelent judges of people.

she is messing with you doing the claw and paw thing because she knows it bothers you. talk to them. cats want to be treated with respect.

i know it all sounds silly but its true. i can go almost anywhear and end up with a cat in my lap. they see me comming.

of course if a cat is not in the mood to listen you could move a mountain befor you could move the cat.

I’ve noticed that she’s gotten a bunch nicer since I started to feed her. But she’s still this moody little cat, I mean I know its part of her personality but sometimes its irritating.

Thank you all for the advice, its really helping out.

I’ve noticed that she’s gotten a bunch nicer since I started to feed her. But she’s still this moody little cat, I mean I know its part of her personality but sometimes its irritating.

Thank you all for the advice, its really helping out.

Happy to hear you are getting on better 🙂 Unfortunantly for you cats have personalitys just the same as you and I. The one you live with seems a bit moody. I dont know if yull ever get past that.

good luck. 🙂

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.