- October 31, 2016 at 2:13 pm #374069
amish butterscotch cake- a great snack cake, pretty simple to make.
Amish Butterscotch Cake
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 /2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 cup quick oats
6 ounces of butterscotch chips
- Mix together butter and sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Stir well.
- Sift together flour, salt, and soda. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, mixing after each addition. Stir in oats.
- Pour into greased 9 X 13 X 2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle butterscotch chips onto the batter. Bake at 350 for an hour.
- Cool before cutting. Top with whipped topping if desired.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.
- September 5, 2017 at 10:17 am #464300
- September 7, 2017 at 12:29 am #464304mosParticipant
Looks good! What about the Amish Butterscotch Cake? Did you try that?
Which recipe did you use to make the cake in the picture? I need to make a cake in the near future for work, so I think I might try the Amish Butterscotch Cake since it looks sooooo easy
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.