Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

This delicious Amish Broccoli Salad Recipe was adapted from the Amish Cooks Across America Book (I highly recommend you get it, the recipes are fabulous!!)

1 head broccoli, chopped
      1 head cauliflower, chopped
      1 cup mayonnaise
      1 cup sour cream
      1/3 cup sugar
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/2 pound bacon, fried and crumbled
      1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Mix the mayo, sour cream, sugar, salt and 2/3’s of the bacon in bowl, mixing well. Put the chopped veggies in a large bowl, sprinkle with with 2/3rds of the cheese, pour the dressing over the top, mix well until all veggies are coated. Refrigerate at least an hour, Add the remaining bacon and cheese on the top just before serving.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

that sounds amazing thank you for sharing it! I was thinking of sprinkling a touch of crumbled feta on top, do you think that would still taste good?

Participant

Baggz1971…I don’t think that adding crumbled feta would do anything other than to enhance the salad! Initially, I would add just a wee bit…maybe 1/4 cup and if that didn’t do the trick for you, gradually increase the amount each time that you make the salad. I encourage the slow addition of ingredients so as not to change the basic texture of the recipe.

Too much change too quickly can ruin a wonderful recipe;-D Have fun, enjoy, and do what you can to make the recipe your own! I love feta cheese, but the recipe as is sounds scrumptiousgiggle smiley

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.