Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Always have green onions!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

My tip is simple…I buy ONE bundle of organic green (spring) onions. Then I will save about 1/3 of each onion (root, white, and a little of the green). I place the onions in water for a few days to get a healthy root base, then plant it.

I keep on my kitchen counter and just trim the tip of my onions as I need them. They grow rapidly and you’ll never have to buy green onions again!

(Posted for the June giveaway)

Love this idea! I use onion in everything. Thanks for the tip

I buy the bunching onions seed in the Spring and plant them. When they are big enough to start eating on you can either cut the green part, and eat it…or you can pull the whole onion. So that I have more for later I let some of the onions start going to seed.

They will get what looks like tiny little onion starts on the top of the green blades. When they do, just bend the top of the onion over and cove the new starts with some soil. The new onions will continue to grow and you will have a fresh new crop in no time!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Gardening & Landscaping Always have green onions!