- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated November 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm by .
- November 29, 2011 at 2:45 pm #300908AngryLioness
Okay, I want to get my hands on that new book so I figure I have to share a bunch of recipes to get it for free.
To make 16 fl oz
In a large, deep saucepan over a moderate heat, simmer the tomatoes uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Tie the bay leaves, celery seasoning and spices in a piece of muslin and add to the saucepan, then add the salt.
- Two 1 lb cans tomatoes, sieved
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 level teaspoon celery seasoning
- 1 level teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- 1 ½ level teaspoons salt
- 1 c. white vinegar
- 7oz sugar
Partially cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Remove the spice bag and add the vinegar and sugar. Turn up the heat to moderate and cook the ketchup uncovered at a slow boil, stirring often, until very thick — about 1 hour. Stir constantly during the last 15 minutes of cooking
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.