- This topic has 6 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated October 25, 2008 at 1:17 pm by .
- October 23, 2008 at 7:12 am #265095
1) Go to Welcome to GEICO Privileges to sign up for the Geico website. You do NOT have to have Geico, you do NOT have to switch any of your insurance. It just gives you a username for their website, and they will email you within an hour or so with a link to a gift card code. Check your spam folder if you don’t get the email after two hours or so. The gift card number is really long, so double check when you write it down.
2) Go to Share Omaha Steaks and type in your email address. They will send you an email confirmation right away, and there is a link within the email to start shopping. After you get your gift card code from step one, use that link to order the hamburgers (described below) and it will automatically give you 12 free 4 ounce burgers. The 12 free won’t show up in your cart until you check out, so don’t panic.
3) When you get your gift card code and go to the link in step two, you’ll be at the Omaha Steaks website. In the left hand sidebar, click on the link for “burgers/brats” etc. Scroll down until you see the option for “eight 5 ounce steak burgers” for 12.99. Add that to your cart, then checkout. (Note: apparently the $12.99 option doesn’t work for everyone, if you get through the next step and it doesn’t work, go back and get the $14.99 option. It will cost you $2 more out of pocket, but you’ll get that much more meat.)
4) At checkout, you enter your address etc and you should see the 12.99 burgers, plus the 12 free burgers you got from doing step 2 above. At the point where they ask for payment, you’ll see that they add in about $13 for shipping – don’t worry, your gift card code will cover that. Before you enter your credit card (or paypal – one of the payment options is “pay by paypal” if that is easier for you), enter your gift card code and hit “apply” or whatever the button says next to that. That should take your total down to roughly $1.98. Then enter your actual payment method and you will only be charged $1.98 (it may be a few cents more or less depending on your address, it was $1.98 for me)
5) Complete the transaction. In a few days you’ll be getting a cooler shipment of 5.5 pounds of Steak burgers, which works out to ONLY 36 CENTS A POUND.
This seems a bit tedious but it isn’t. I did it yesterday and it takes a little while to get the gift card number email but it is a really simple process for the cost of the ground beef. Remember, just because it comes as hamburger patties doesn’t mean you have to use it that way. You can break it up while cooking and use it the in any recipe that calls for ground beef. ENJOY!
P.S. – If the email with the gift card link doesn’t give you the gift card number, log in to the Geico website and then try clicking the link in the email and it will give you the gift card number then.
- October 23, 2008 at 12:49 pm #401298
ok when I went to share omaha steaks I got the email but when I went to the link in the email it said that promotion was no longer available. When trying to use my 25.00 giftcard it told me I had to have at least 100.00 order so oh well guess I should have done this yesterday.
- October 23, 2008 at 1:06 pm #401303
mine yesterday morning also said $25 off $100.
- October 23, 2008 at 1:53 pm #401314
I really hope I can het this to work !!!
- October 24, 2008 at 10:48 am #401423
I got in when it first started and then they emailed me later saying they were taking off the free burgers because you can not combine offers and that the $25 gift card was supposed to be on orders of $100 or more. So I am still getting 8 burgers for only $1.98 so its still good but I wanted the 12 free ones too HAHAHA
- October 24, 2008 at 2:04 pm #401476
I signed up
but no email
no code – no reply – no thanks – no offers – no nothing
somehow – i always miss out on these things :022:
- October 24, 2008 at 10:13 pm #401544
the gift card is only for orders of $100 or more.
- October 25, 2008 at 1:17 pm #401584
I had it set up last night and I was waiting for the email so I went to bed. I tried it this morning and it said gift card not valid..:(
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.