allowance question

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I can't afford allowances either… but here was something I heard that looked kinda neat.

Take the household's profit (amount from your paychecks after you have paid the necessaries) and give them each 1%. This way, it is like running a business. Your job is to bring home the check – their job is to do well in school and help the household economize by doing their jobs (clean rooms and well done laundry saves money).

What they do directly affects what they get. If my kids leave the lights on downstairs all night I say “hey – there is less money because I had to pay the electricity bill.” If they tear their clothes, “Hey – I had to replace your jeans again, so less money.”

I have 5 kids at home, so 5% was a bit daunting, but I might be able to do it now…. hmmm……

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 1:19 PM, nauticalnana <nauticalnana@comcast.net> wrote:

times are really hard here and i can no longer afford to give my children their small allowance. we have been giving them each .71 per day, if chores were not done they lost that days allowance. i need some ideas on how to reward them for their jobs well done.

btw, they dont get paid for everything they do, they know that most jobs are to help the family live comfortably. they get allowance for their personal chores like keeping their room clean, putting their laundry away, etc. they are boys ages 13 and 10.

video games, tv, and computer time wont really work i think, because they are limited on time to do these things.
      Sher
      “Faith is not developed by miracles. Miracles are a result of great faith!”

Matthew 22:37 – Love the Lord your God with all
      John 13:34 – Love one another

Matthew 28:19 – Go and make disciples

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.