allowance question

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I know what you mean about money being tight I have 5 kids 5, 6, 8, 10 & 11 we can’t give them any money so no allowance what so ever and we had to tell them this year no summer vacations or Christmas So how do you explain Santa can’t afford to give them gifts but their friends and cousins will be getting gifts……

— On Thu, 7/3/08, nauticalnana wrote:

Subject: Budget101.com : allowance question
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 4:19 pm

times are really hard here and i can no longer afford to give my children their small allowance. we have been giving them each .71 per day, if chores were not done they lost that days allowance. i need some ideas on how to reward them for their jobs well done.

btw, they dont get paid for everything they do, they know that most jobs are to help the family live comfortably. they get allowance for their personal chores like keeping their room clean, putting their laundry away, etc. they are boys ages 13 and 10.

video games, tv, and computer time wont really work i think, because they are limited on time to do these things.
      Sher
      “Faith is not developed by miracles. Miracles are a result of great faith!”

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.