- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated November 11, 2013 at 12:37 am by .
- November 9, 2013 at 7:22 pm #324696mos
All Purpose Barbecue Rub
1/4 cup coarse salt (kosher or sea)
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup sweet paprika
2 tbs freshly ground black pepper
Put the salt, brown sugar, paprika, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to mix.
Store the rub in an airtight jar away from heat and light. It will keep for at least 6 months. Yield: about 3/4 cup
Note: I make this in large batches and give as presents.
Friends and family actually give the empty jar back to me for a refill
- November 10, 2013 at 1:54 am #445057WrinkleyWow! It must be GOOD, I’ll be trying this one, too!
- November 10, 2013 at 12:09 pm #445062mos
You can mix it with a little oil and make a marinade, add a bit to soups, stews, and sauces that just need something extra.
- November 10, 2013 at 3:02 pm #445066Wrinkley
That’s a great idea! And I like the flavorful simplicity of it. I just stocked up on paprika at the mexican spice aisle of my store.They have big bags of affordable spices..
- November 11, 2013 at 12:37 am #445086mos
I don’t know if you have a Big Lots in you area, but I buy giant sizes of the spices (and ingredients for other kitchen gifts) for a buck each!
The simplicity or the rub is so cool…I’ve shared the recipe, but everyone thinks that I’m holding out a secret ingredient…I just sigh…and refill their jar! Cool for me…I ALWAYS have a gift. It’s the same with all of my ‘pantry’ gifts!
I guess that it’s just better for me
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.