Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Alfredo Sauce:020:
      1/4 lb cream cheese
      1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
      1/4 cup milk
      1/4 cup margarine
      Add all ingredients in a large saucepan. Turn heat on low. Stir the ingredients until the mixture is smooth.

2 servings = about 420 calories.
      serve over your favorite pasta as is, or add a veggie or a bit of meat to the sauce to make it even heartier.

Awesome, I’ve been looking for an easy recipe like this. I love fettuccine and they just closed our Fazoli’s restaurant so I can’t go there anymore to treat myself.

Awesome, I’ve been looking for an easy recipe like this. I love fettuccine and they just closed our Fazoli’s restaurant so I can’t go there anymore to treat myself.

Participant

have at it, girlfriend! you can make your favorite dish at home and save yourself some money! LOL!

Participant

have at it, girlfriend! you can make your favorite dish at home and save yourself some money! LOL!

I love alfredo but dairy hates me…..this sounds excellent though!!!

I love alfredo but dairy hates me…..this sounds excellent though!!!

Quote:
      alfredo sauce

nice simple recipe –thanks

Quote:
      alfredo sauce

nice simple recipe –thanks

Sounds delish. I’ll have to try it soon.

Sounds delish. I’ll have to try it soon.

Thank you so much MOS! My hubby likes alfredo sauce and chicken on a pizza, this will save me from buying the jars-they are a little pricey 🙂

Thank you so much MOS! My hubby likes alfredo sauce and chicken on a pizza, this will save me from buying the jars-they are a little pricey 🙂

This recipe is a keeper. DH has been talking about making some Alfredo sauce, so now he has a recipe. Thanks for sharing.

This recipe is a keeper. DH has been talking about making some Alfredo sauce, so now he has a recipe. Thanks for sharing.

Ever thought about adding minced garlic to this and then using it as a sauce on a pizza???

Ever thought about adding minced garlic to this and then using it as a sauce on a pizza???

Participant

Kim, I have to confess that I do keep a jar in the cupboard for the rare occasion when I have a taste for something that I gotta have now! lol! when i see them on sale — 3 for $5 — I grab ’em unless I’m stocked;-)

Participant

Kim, I have to confess that I do keep a jar in the cupboard for the rare occasion when I have a taste for something that I gotta have now! lol! when i see them on sale — 3 for $5 — I grab ’em unless I’m stocked;-)

Participant

slowly cook it done to a thicker sauce, add the garlic, smear on the pizza crust and add a 10 oz pkg of frozen, chopped spinach that’s been squeezed almost dry. yum! papa john’s ain’t got nothing on me!

lol!

Participant

slowly cook it done to a thicker sauce, add the garlic, smear on the pizza crust and add a 10 oz pkg of frozen, chopped spinach that’s been squeezed almost dry. yum! papa john’s ain’t got nothing on me!

lol!

mos
      My husband made this sauce recipe from you & we loved it! We have made it many times since & it is always delicious, we have it over Angel Hair pasta. Some of the times he adds little bit of meat(usually chicken) if we have some left over.

We really thank you for this special recipe!

Participant

I’m so glad! sounds like you’re tweaking it to make it your own;-) that’s wonderful! play!

have fun! try it with broccoli or mushrooms or shrimp (canned salad size works if that’s what’s in your budget) or…or… the options are multitudinous!

LOL! oh! a bit of spinach is always good, too;-)

I’m not a big fan of alfredo sauce, but hubbie loves it! Thanks so much! 🙂

I love Alfredo sauce, always make my own, a little hint from my Italian rest., add a couple of tsps of Ricotta cheese, gives it an even richer taste, creamier, I like it a lot. I noticed when I had it at the resteraunt, that it always was a bit different than mine, and that is why.

Love the tip about ricotta – definitely going to add some to my next batch!

I’m addicted to alfredo. thank you so much for this recipe

just had to say that i’ve made this many times too and love it!! i’m going to have to put it on pizza next. thanks so much for the ideas.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.